runaway
I keep getting thermal runaway what is making this happen I have not changed anything from new
(11-02-2018, 02:05 AM)Oldgeek Wrote: I keep getting thermal runaway what is making this happen I have not changed anything from new

hi mate, Is this happening on the bed or hot end or both?
Hi guys, the same is happening here and I can't find any support for Tevo Flash users!!

the print stops and say :
THERMAL RUNAWAY
PRINTER HALTED
Please reset

Another thing I also can't find any printer settings for cura or slic3r.

thanks!
(01-23-2019, 11:01 AM)Bernardo Rodrigues Fernandes Wrote: Hi guys, the same is happening here and I can't find any support for Tevo Flash users!!

the print stops and say :
                                           THERMAL RUNAWAY
                                           PRINTER HALTED
                                           Please reset

Another thing I also can't find any printer settings for cura or slic3r.

thanks!

I've gotten about 10 great prints from my new Flash Smile (got it after waiting 4+ months...) Angry  and now I'm seeing this error as well. Angry

I watched the display while printing and it seems to happen after a temperature change after the first layer from gcode. At this point it appears to take too long to get to the new temperature and is seen as runaway.

This could be PID tuning issue? Could be newer Marlin firmware might help? Could be a simple setting to extend the wait period for temperature to settle on the new temperature.

But, can't find much info about updating the firmware, can't get Tevo to respond to emails, seems there aren't many Tevo owners on forums, and it seems the Flash has been orphaned. Sad

Mine arrived with a .ini file on the SD card for Slic3r. seemed to work pretty good...until it didn't. Disgusted
Ok, so some progress on what's happening, but no good fix ideas.

When I received my Flash the SD card had Slic3r settings .ini file. I used this file and printed several parts. Some with significant bridges with no sag.

This .ini file has the fans set to be off during the first 3 layers, then on, even when no bridge or over hang is being printed. And, it drops the temperature on the extruder and bed after the first 3 layers.

Earlier this week I printed a file and got the thermal runaway error. Since that print, every attempt fails with the same error.

At first I thought it appeared that when the temperature was reduced during printing the bed didn't drop for a long time and was over the post layer three temp for a long time. Then the thermal runaway.

So, I turned off the temperature change.

It still failed. Crying

Then I noticed, that the cooling fans would kick on and the nozzle temperature would drop far below set point and never recover, and...thermal runaway.

So I set Slic3r to produce a code file with NO cooling fans (my test part didn't have bridges or over hangs).

And...completed good print. Smile

So, is this some failure mode of the heater in the nozzle? (I.e. initially it could keep up with the cooling fans, but now can't. Like I said I did several good prints WITH the fans on.)

Looking for ideas