Disassembly / screen repair
The LCD on these printers is clearly a problem. The contrast is appalling and I believe it's a simple hardware issue that can be fixed. I want to open my printer to make this repair..... but how?

I've taken out the 8 small screws from the top plate that look like the correct ones, but the top assembly is still secured to the base.  I could just go ahead and keep removing things until I get it apart, but it prints well and I don't want to take it down to parts, I just want to get the screen out so I can repair it.

Is there some disassembly instructions anywhere please?

Oh, and if a v2 is ever made, please fix the screen !
(07-04-2018, 01:13 PM)mat Wrote: The LCD on these printers is clearly a problem. The contrast is appalling and I believe it's a simple hardware issue that can be fixed. I want to open my printer to make this repair..... but how?

I've taken out the 8 small screws from the top plate that look like the correct ones, but the top assembly is still secured to the base.  I could just go ahead and keep removing things until I get it apart, but it prints well and I don't want to take it down to parts, I just want to get the screen out so I can repair it.

Is there some disassembly instructions anywhere please?

Oh, and if a v2 is ever made, please fix the screen !

If you haven't already figured it out. There's two bolts on the bottom that screw into the 2040 extrusion and hold everything tight. Just unscrew these two bolts.
I did manage to work that out eventually, but I've not bothered opening it up yet. Thanks for the reply though.
If I do get around to it, I'll post again with the details of the fix and a picture of the result. Pretty sure that the bias resistor for the contrast control just needs changing.