Need bed replacement
Hey guys, I accidentally damaged the heat bed on my Tornado while removing a large print that was stuck to the bed more stubbornly than I thought it was.

does anybody know where I can buy a replacement bed?

This was the only place I could find and they are out of stock...

https://www.th3dstudio.com/product/tevo-...ement-kit/

I am in Australia 

Cheers

Matt
(06-15-2018, 12:19 AM)Matt Pearson Wrote: Hey guys, I accidentally damaged the heat bed on my Tornado while removing a large print that was stuck to the bed more stubbornly than I thought it was.

does anybody know where I can buy a replacement bed?

This was the only place I could find and they are out of stock...

https://www.th3dstudio.com/product/tevo-...ement-kit/

I am in Australia 

Cheers

Matt
Do you mean the cover that is glued on the heatbed?
Yeah, just the cover that is glued to the bed
(06-17-2018, 10:50 PM)Matt Pearson Wrote: Yeah, just the cover that is glued to the bed

Remove the heat bed so you don't damage anything, then peel off the cover. You will need some sort of glue remover to clean it up, took me a long time to get it all off with my Tarantula, although i read a comment somewhere that WD40 works well. I bought a sheet of glass then applied the buildtak surface to the glass. 

I'm in Australia also, Bendigo.
I had to remove my bed mat today after I damaged it trying to remove a stubborn print.

I removed the bed from the printer and heated it to 80C, once I got a corner peeled up I wrapped the corner around a plastic pipe. I used the pipe to pull the mat up by rolling the pipe, and holding the mat onto the pipe until I got a full turn. I did this on a diagonal. The pipe spread the force over the entire width of the mat.

I then used CRC Brakeclean as a solvent on the residual adhesive, which softened it into a gooey mess. I followed that up with denatured alcohol (methanol or wood alcohol) which left the surface perfectly clean. You might go strait to the alcohol... I didn't think of it until I had a lot of the gunk off the bed.

My plan is to install a borosilicate glass bed in a week or so... shipping time prevents anything earlier.  :>(

If this works,  well and good, if I need the mat I can apply it later.
paul

W9PCS

Resistance Is Not Futile!
It's voltage divided by current.

No trees were killed in the generation of this message,
but a tremendous number of electrons were terribly
inconvenienced

"To err is human...to really mess things up requires the
root password."

Hello!

You can find one here

For it's replacement, Ruiraptor made a great video about how to remove the old one here

Regards!
(07-06-2018, 07:14 PM)budavargas Wrote: Hello!

You can find one here

For it's replacement, Ruiraptor made a great video about how to remove the old one here

Regards!
Thanks for the emplacement link, but I got one with the printer. The Boro Glass build plate arrived, which brings up this question...

Is there any reason to apply the replacement bed mat that I got when the printer was new between the black glass heated bed and the new glass print bed?
paul

W9PCS

Resistance Is Not Futile!
It's voltage divided by current.

No trees were killed in the generation of this message,
but a tremendous number of electrons were terribly
inconvenienced

"To err is human...to really mess things up requires the
root password."

Sorry bout the delay

I don't think so, specially with a brand-new shiny new glass bed

Try it out! Let us know how it went!

Regards!
If you don't like tinkering, you won't like 3D Printing
Sorry for the necro post, but I had a similar issue where I broke the glass on my bed. Tevo support did not respond via their webform help submission, and I don't have a facebook account (that's right, I've never had one!) to contact them via their user group, so I built a bed like so:

1) Keenovo heating pad from Amazon... 120V, 750W, 12"x12". https://www.amazon.com/KEENOVO-Silicone-...one+heater

2) Custom aluminum bed, 2mm thick, drilled using broken glass bed as template. Wanted this thin so that different tempco of Al and glass wouldn't shatter glass (not sure that matters or is even possible).

3) AnyCubic Ultrabase glass bed (12"x12") as main print surface. Do not get the imitation; only the real. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077NY6C55/ref=biss_dp_t_asn

4) I used tissue tape to mount everything together. I made sure to get the higher-temp stuff: 3M 468MP. https://www.amazon.com/Gizmo-Dorks-Adhes...rds=468-MP

Incidentally, the tissue tape takes care of the adhesive failure of the original print surface too. The original tape Tevo chose was too low-temp to run with a heated bed for an extended period of time.
I didn't use the mat (it wasn't in my Tornado package) so I've used gluestick alone on the glass. It seems to work fine. I use Windex spray window cleaner and the scraper to remove the gooey mess. Works fine.