Extruder Issue
My extruder makes some clicking sounds when extruding and does not seem to be extruding well...Temps were in the 210-215 range with some 1.75 Hatchbox pla..If the hot end is raised and i use the gear on the extruder to see how it is flowing all looks fine..I guess it could be the nozzle is too close to the build plate..I will try that..What filament does come out flattens out or does not come out at all. If any of you have another idea please let me know. I did see that perhaps the voltage needs to be increased for the extruder but i am not much for opening the powersupply and poking around..8-)  Take care all.
(12-03-2017, 07:33 AM)Joe Medeiros Wrote: My extruder makes some clicking sounds when extruding and does not seem to be extruding well...Temps were in the 210-215 range with some 1.75 Hatchbox pla..If the hot end is raised and i use the gear on the extruder to see how it is flowing all looks fine..I guess it could be the nozzle is too close to the build plate..I will try that..What filament does come out flattens out or does not come out at all. If any of you have another idea please let me know. I did see that perhaps the voltage needs to be increased for the extruder but i am not much for opening the powersupply and poking around..8-)  Take care all.

Looks like the nozzle was too close to the bed and for whatever reason i needed to up the temp to 220-225..Had to add tape and glue stick but so far much better results with adhesion and extrusion flow..Clicking sound is gone now. The filament is old and humidity has gotten to it so i am sure that all contributed to the issues as well.
The following 1 user says Thank You to Joe Medeiros for this post:
  • seishin