fixing up an an old tevo tornado
Question 
<p>so my neighbor threw out what i believe is a tevo tornado i really want to repair this device and get it working.</p><p>but im not sure where to start i was hoping someone&nbsp;might&nbsp;be able to give me a&nbsp;checklist of things to check.</p><p><br></p><p><br>I do apologize in advance this is not my area of expertise (i really dont think i have one) and im a complete novice.</p><p>but i have been interested in the concept for quite some time.</p><p><br></p><p>i have taken some notes and photos to broach my concerns and to best help you to help me&nbsp;&nbsp;</p><p><br></p><p>here's an&nbsp;<a href="https://imgur.com/gallery/ZIfktJq">Imgur album</a>&nbsp;of all the image with the corresponding notes below them</p><p>1. I'm really worried about how short some of the cables seem and the semi modular design worries me again just with how tight everything is and straining the wires<br>2.ive also tried to catalogue the upgrades i can see<br>a. i can see his added a bracket to prevent strain on the solder joints of the heatbed <br>b. his upgraded the the heatbed <br>c. and the tensioning screws on the bottom<br>d. and a mount to to keep the stepper motor square while applying tension to the belt (i think) i saw this upgrade in a video while doing research<br>e. a new blower mount<br>f. printer fillament spool spool<br><br>3.im a little concerned about the tarnish on some parts<br>4. this filament on the hot end should i be worried, how do i clear this<br>5. no usb socket and a free sd card<br>6. are there some dials missing or is this okay</p><p><br></p><p>7. even though it was thrown out i feel i should still contact the owner to let him know.&nbsp;</p><p>i tried to knock on the door a couple of times to ask if it was okay to take but it didnt seem anyone was home im going to leave a letter in their mailbox</p><p>maybe they can share their knowledge with me or even tell me what might not be working and it would be nice to have someone to work alongside<br><br></p><p><br></p>